Year 2012 started distinctively but very promising – the core of the company went to a far continent of Australia to refresh partnership relations and enjoying pure ocean air at the same time.
In June the key developers went to another continent for participating in major event of the industry – Apple WWDC 2012. Apart of visiting the inspiring Tim Cook’s Keynote the guys managed to learn a lot of interesting technical solutions, to get many advises while communicating with Apple engineers and to attend couple of dozen presentations from iOS6 new product developers. The trip was concluded by small tour around the major places of interest in California – surroundings of San Francisco, Silicon Valley, the office of Apple, Google and Facebook, and Stanford campus.
- iPhoneDevCamp at the end of March was notable with dry highly technical presentations.
- Usability-Design-Sales on June 1 – a pile of advertising materials, buffet reception and a couple of useful presentations.
- 2 days Mobile Developer Day in Moscow (or even the three-day if to take in consideration the master-class) pleased us with the diversity of presentations and live experience. Russian community is much more active in comparison to the Ukrainian. A great event!
- At the end of June we participated The Kirill Bistryakov Seminar, where he told about creating own products and gave practical advices, helping to plan launching of own concrete project.
- On September 3 we celebrated our 3th birthday. Serious retrospective review brought us to our senses. We have launched “Own Wednesday” format when a couple of people is engaged only with internal projects.
- At the beginning of October we spent 10 days for competition on creating the photo service for iPhone, which was organized by vk.com social network. The first staged passed, reward and some satisfaction received.
- On October 6-7 participated in Agileee 2012 the main Agile event in Eastern Europe. Excellent organization comparable with Apple WWDC. The presentations of world-class standard were given. Henrik Kniberg was not let from stage until he made all presentations he had on his flash-card.
- At the end of October ProductCamp UA in Kiev gathered interesting members of iOS and Mac developer society from the entire CIS. There were good business and marketing oriented presentations and real–world cases covered, less of advertising.
- November 19-20 IT beginner’s training for Leonid – the seminar of Deniss Dovgopolov Fundamentals of IT business. Leonid picked up a big project and freed us for other activities.
- The preparation for Apple WWDC 2013 has been started.
During this year we have released new application – Jeans Currency Converter Know Rates and several experimental initiatives (Cooperative Ukushuka special offer, Catalogue of non-smoking places Smoke-Free, Free Axure widget library for mobile designers), refreshed a bit the frequenters of Russian AppStore (Gloss City Guide, Forismatic) and even managed to close couple of outdated projects.
We have also developed, drawn and programmed many hundreds of interface-screens.
At the end of the year we moved to a new office, where we got hold of our own library, jacuzzi, separate meeting room, common lunches in a big light dining room. We are planning to continue Pizza-Days on Tuesdays and sometimes HackDays on Saturdays.
We have grown to 12 people and gradually are moving from distributed chaotically-creative work to more mature self-organizational processes in the same working space.
The year was finished with just another trip to Sydney. This time it was short but even more efficient.